2018 - 2019 Lottery Information & Application
2018 - 2019 Lottery Application and Information
Thank you for your interest in Drew Charter School. Lottery Applications for new students interested in applying for the 2018–2019 school year will be available online beginning February 1, 2018 through April 30, 2018.
All lottery applications must be completed online.
The State of Georgia and Atlanta Public Schools approved Drew Charter School’s charter petition for the years 2017–2022. In alignment with Drew’s strategic plan and its charter, which strives to maintain a mixed-income population of at least 65% economically disadvantaged students, Drew will utilize a weighted lottery to increase the likelihood of serving more economically disadvantaged students. The 2018-2019 school year lottery will be weighted for all grade levels for Priorities C, D and E only. Weighting by grade for the 2018 – 2019 lottery will be as follows:
|Pre K - 7th||5:1|
|8th - 9th||4:1|
To assist applicants with the admissions process, the Lottery Application Guide can be downloaded online (see links below) or can be picked up from the Drew Elementary Academy’s (301 East Lake Boulevard) front office.Persons needing access to a computer to complete the application may use a computer in the media center at Drew Charter School’s Elementary Academy, located at 301 East Lake Boulevard, Atlanta, GA 30317. Computers will be available on school days during the enrollment period between the hours of 8:30am – 3:00pm. Computer assistance will be available to complete the online application, if needed.
To download the Lottery Application Guide and Frequently Asked Questions, please click on the links below:
- Lottery Application Guide (Click Here to Download)
- Frequently Asked Questions (Click Here to Download)
All lottery applications must be completed online. To apply for admission, please click on the electronic Lottery Application below. Please be sure to read the following helpful tips before completing the electronic Lottery Application:
Helpful Tips for Completing the Electronic Lottery Application
- If you would like to have a hardcopy of your application, be sure you are connected to a printer before completing and submitting the online application.
- If you would like to receive electronic confirmation of your online application submission, you will have the opportunity to provide an email address during completion of your application. (The email address you provide does not have to be your own or your own name; however, it should be one to which you have access.) Once you provide an email address, an email confirming receipt of your electronic application submission will be emailed to you.
- You are not required to have an email address to submit an electronic application.
- You may print a hard copy of your application. This option is available on the Next Steps page, which appears after you submit the application online.
Click Here to complete and submit a Lottery Application online.
For new students applying for admission for the 2018 – 2019 school year, the application window is from February 1, 2018 to April 30, 2018.
The deadline for submitting completed Lottery Applications is April 30, 2018 at 11:59PM Eastern Standard Time.
The 2018-2019 lottery will be conducted electronically and held onsite in the theater at the Charles R. Drew Charter School Junior & Senior Academy at the Yates Campus on Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 6:00 p.m. We anticipate the lottery will be completed by 6:30 p.m. The lottery results will be posted on Drew’s website on Friday, May 18, 2018. If there are any updates to the posting schedule, a notice will be posted on the school’s website (www.drewcharterschool.org).
To view the full 2018 – 2019 Lottery Application Period Schedule for new students,(Please Click Here)
For admissions and enrollment questions, please contact the Enrollment Office at email@example.com or by phone at (404) 450-0567.
Note: If your contact information changes after you have completed an application, please notify the Enrollment Office.