Cox Pre-K Program
The Cox Pre-K program at Drew Charter School first opened in 2007 with 20 students. Since then, the program has grown to four classrooms serving 88 children. Through the generous support of The James M. Cox Foundation, Cox Pre-K serves as a model Pre-K program that is the research and demonstration site for the Rollins Center for Language and Literacy at the Atlanta Speech School. As an integral part of East Lake’s cradle-to-college pipeline, Cox Pre-K is building the foundation for later success in school.
Core Elements of the Cox Pre-K Program
- Highly trained teachers and assistants
- Low student-teacher ratios
- Emphasis on developing robust language and a strong foundation for reading
- Project-based learning and STEAM integration
- Ongoing formative and summative assessments to ensure Kindergarten readiness