In order to minimize COVID-19 spread, we strive to maintain social distancing as much as possible. For this reason, we have implemented de-herding strategies that include staggered arrival and dismissal times and designated drop-off and pick-up locations as well as designated entry points. For everyone’s safety and to ensure a smooth arrival process, please adhere to your arrival window.
Note: Due to COVID-19 safety precautions, parents/guardians are not allowed inside Drew buildings.
What time can I drop off my child/ren?
Drew sent individualized student arrival window letters to each student’s family on July 21, 2021.
Where should I drop off my child/ren?
Each student will have an assigned entry point for their academy, color-coded with a highly visible flag. As you pull up or walk towards the school, please drop off as close to your assigned entry point as possible and follow the instructions of the Security and School Staff. Your student will be directed to their “entry shuttle” for the Temperature Screen and Mask Check. Your student can only enter school at their designated entry point. Except for Pre-K and K, parents are not permitted into the entry shuttle, so we ask that you “kiss and go” at the curb.
(See more details regarding Elementary Academy Drop off near the end of this page.)
End of Day Pick Up
Each academy will provide specific dismissal windows. (See more details regarding Elementary Academy pick up near the end of this page.)
The campus will close promptly at 4:30pm, except for school-sponsored competitive athletic practices and activities. Spectators are not permitted at this time for athletic practices, activities, or games.
Elementary Academy (EA) Morning Drop off and Afternoon Dismissal:
- For EA Dismissal, we will use Procare (formerly known as Kinderlime). If your child was previously enrolled, your information will remain the same. If your child is new to Drew, you should have received registration instructions (please check your Spam and/or Junk Mail). Please follow the steps to complete account setup and add any authorized pick-up persons. Any persons added to your child’s account will receive their own, unique pick-up pin that they will use when they pick-up your child.
- We have contactless sign-out via Procare. Parents may sign students out by opening their Procare app, selecting the QR code scanner button (graphic below) in the upper right-hand corner, scanning one of the posted QR codes, or using geofencing.
- Procare questions should be forwarded to Ms. Ronitia Hodges – email@example.com.
- We will use colored-coded entry points to control the flow of traffic throughout the building. Please see the map below for further details:
- You must park in the parking lot if you need to exit your car (including kindergarten pick-up). Cars in the drop-off lane should never be left unattended.
- Students can only be dropped off in the carpool lane. Drivers should remain in their vehicles at all times in the drop-off lane. The EA parking lot is reserved for individuals parking to walk students to their entry doors. Overflow parking is available at the Drew Athletic Field. Parking is not allowed in the Yates Golf Course parking lot.